Health and safety is always a top priority at our construction sites. As we adapt our practices to respond to the COVID-19 protocols, we are heeding the guidance of Provincial health officials.
Construction Sites Best Practices Implemented by GableCraft Homes:
- Introduced a Construction Site Registry, updated daily regarding the name, physical work location, health and recent travel status of each worker on the site
- Introduced more hand-washing stations
- Communicated protocols with our workers and companies on site
- Instructed workers who have flu-like symptoms or who have travelled out of country to stay home
- Introduced remote working options for office staff, where possible
- All door contact surfaces in each home are cleaned daily by GableCraft staff
- Disinfectant cleaning supplies are provided within each home for additional cleaning as required
- 6 feet (2 meters) physical distancing rule – never get within 6’ from one another
- Enforced a ‘2 persons per floor’ policy in each townhouse unit or home under construction
- Deferred service appointments and extended warranty coverage to minimize risk
- Active management by supervisory staff to manage occupancy levels in the homes
Read more about the Province’s decision to keep construction sites open, as communicated by the Urban Development Institute: Click here.
In addition to this, all office staff are now working from home – with individual field visits to monitor construction progress. We have also developed a COVID-19 Management Committee that meets daily to monitor the situation closely and implement new policies that adapt to this everchanging environment.
Rest assured, we are doing everything necessary to ensure the well-being of our community. Your health and safety will always be our top priority. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.